Charitable organization in Bangalore
The Sitaram Jindal Foundation is a charitable organization in Bangalore and was started with the sole objective to help with the moral and social upliftment of the weaker sections of the society. The Foundation was envisioned by Dr. Sitaram Jindal and was instituted in 1969. This charitable trust in Bangalore has worked at setting up a number of educational institutions, NGOs, hospitals, (most notable is the world famous Jindal Naturecure Institute (JNI), Bangalore) and has contributed towards infrastructure development in rural areas as well.
Being one of the most trusted charitable organizations/trusts in India, the Foundation has an independent functioning and doesn't entertain any affiliations whether commercial, political or religious. With 46 years of service and having supported more than 500 charitable institutions in India, the Foundation also runs vocational courses for women and has been a champion for women empowerment.Read More
What does SJF do?
Being a leading and well respected charity in Bangalore, SJF primarily focuses on the following areas:
- Setting up hospitals and ensuring that basic healthcare facilities are available in rural areas
- Scholarships in Education - helping deserving students with scholarships and subsidised education (almost 12000 students have benefitted from this so far).
- Financing R&D efforts.
- Helping and funding other international NGOs in Bangalore or anywhere in the country.
- Donating books and organizing book donation camps, etc.
- Setting up schools and colleges to make education available to all.
- Fight against social evils and corruption.
- Setting up charitable hospitals in Bangalore and financing the infrastructure costs for building hospitals.
The Foundation is also an NGO in Bangalore for empowerment of women and has helped the cause of women empowerment to a great extent by setting up schools, colleges and Universities for women. SJF also provides vocational training for women and is one of the most respected charity homes in Bangalore and has managed to help nearly 400 girls every year. Know more...